OptionTree could not be downloaded and installed. What to do?
On November 6, 2018, the OptionTree plugin seemed to be somehow disabled on the plugin repository of WordPress.org so you would not be able to download and install it. When you are trying to install the plugin, you might get an error message like this:
Something went wrong with the plugin API.
The issue should be temporary, and it should be online again in a few days.
However, if you are still experiencing the issue, you can manually install the plugin by following these steps:
1. Download the OptionTree plugin\'s ZIP package from here: https://cl.ly/32a1a9b26df4
2. On your WP admin panel, go to \"Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin\" then browse to the plugin\'s ZIP file you downloaded in step 1 and click the Install Now button.
3. After it is installed, click the Activate Plugin button you see on screen.
* The themes that are affected by this situation are: Kathy, Darren, Alvar, Enso, Viceversa, Nakamura, Finnik, Lowel, Schon, Calmer, Thine, Kose, Fineliner, and Archtek.
Latest Update about OptionTree (April 3, 2019)
The author of OptionTree has already updated the plugin to v2.7.0, but it is currently in a develop branch on their github repo (reference: https://github.com/valendesigns/option-tree/issues/696#issuecomment-476055302 ). Once everything is settled, we will update and include the latest version of OptionTree in the following themes:
- Lowel, Schon, Calmer, Thine, Kose, Fineliner, and Archtek
Note that for the other themes (Kathy, Darren, Alvar, Enso, Viceversa, Nakamura, and Finnik), the OptionTree plugin has been replaced with Advanced Custom Fields.